Two important concepts you must embrace if you want to build a large and successful Network Marketing business:
1. Concept #1: It is easier to build your Network Marketing business fast than it is to build it slow.
2. Concept #2: All Network Marketing businesses are built in a “state of momentum” over a 90-day period.
Let’s explore these two important concepts.
Concept #1: It is Easier to Build Your Network Marketing Business Fast, than it is to Build it Slow
The problem with s-l-o-w is that you cannot create nor maintain any enthusiasm and excitement and without that you cannot create any meaningful growth. The most excited person in your organization is the last new person to join your team. If that person was a month ago, chances are then they are no longer all that excited. Therefore, it takes a constant influx of new distributors to maintain a level of excitement that leads to momentum. That’s why it’s easier to build your business fast…momentum breeds momentum!
Three Key Elements to Building Momentum:
1. You ALWAYS create momentum on the “leading edge” of your Network Marketing business! The “leading edge” means the last person that joined because they will ALWAYS be the most excited person in your organization. IMPORTANT: That person on the “leading edge” may have recently been sponsored by you…OR…they may be 10-20 levels deep in your organization. No matter where that newest person is on the team…they represent the “leading edge”. Work with them to sustain the excitement and momentum by helping them get off to a positive start which in turn creates a new “leading edge”.
2. You cannot create excitement, and therefore momentum, without multiplication. However, you cannot have multiplication without first having addition. Momentum is relative. First it starts with YOU! YOU must first learn how to personally sponsor enough new people to create that initial “leading edge”. Over time you will find 3-5 others that will do the same. The key is learning to consistently sponsor 5-new distributors a month. This will provide the people necessary to create the excitement which in turn creates the “leading edge” which in turn creates momentum and growth.
3. Create accountability. Once you have 2-4 key people, form an “accountability group” where all involved commit to a 90-day blitz. Use “accountability” calls where everyone is required to report on their weekly activity. (That’s what makes Weight Watchers work!
Concept #2: All Network Marketing Businesses Are Built in a “State of Momentum” Over a 90-day Period
No one can sustain a concentrated mental and physical effort for long periods of time…no one! Here is a sports analogy (sorry ladies). Tiger Woods, perhaps the greatest golfer of all time, does NOT maintain total concentration during his entire 4-hour, 18-hole round of golf. No he doesn’t…not even when it’s for a major championship. Once he hits his shot and starts walking to his ball he relaxes his mind and it’s not until he once again approaches his ball does he go into a state of concentration.
Building your Network Marketing business should be approached in the same way.
Two Key Elements to Maintaining Your Sanity:
1. We can all stay focused for a short-time and since we don’t actually work our business all day everyday…we can focus that time over a longer period of time. So when you are working your business approach it like Tiger…REALLY focus…no messing around…get to work…make the calls…get intense. A “close the door…don’t bother me…take no prisoners” type of concentration.
2. Use the “Law of 90-Days” to build your business. Every successful person will tell you that when they look back over their careers there were various 90-day periods when it all seemed to come together. Where they sponsored that 1 or 2 key people that today are major players in their organizations. Every top earner I know understands the power of setting aside 90-day “windows” of time to build their Network Marketing businesses. Why? Because we can all stay focused for 90-days at a time but not for the entire 4-hour, 18-hole round!
After 90-days we all get both physically and emotionally drained. Since the “magic” period in this Industry is 90-days…to build a bigger check you simply do additional 90-day blitzes. That doesn’t mean we necessarily see results in that 90-day window…in fact, the results probably won’t show up until later. But it does mean that you will lay a foundation…the seeds of success…that will come to fruition later on.
IMPORTANT: You cannot create momentum working “spare-time”. You can only create momentum working “part-time” or “full time”…but NEVER in your “spare-time”.