After coming up short in his quest to become a two-division champion, Israel Adesanya will return to the middleweight division to defend his title in a rematch three years in the making against Marvin Vettori at UFC 263.
Adesanya’s undefeated MMA run came to a halt when he failed to dethrone Jan Blachowicz for the light heavyweight title in March. He remains the undisputed UFC middleweight champion, however, and has yet to taste defeat at 185 pounds. He’ll square off with Vettori, who pushed Adesanya to the limit when they first met but lost a split decision. Since the loss, Vettori has won five straight to put himself back in position to not only get revenge but also become a champion.
But Adesanya has shown significant improvement in his takedown defense since their first meeting and collected victories over the likes of Paulo Costa, Yoel Romero, Anderson Silva, Kelvin Gastelum and Robert Whittaker. Only Vettori has come close to defeating Adesanya in the division, so that is something “The Last Stylebender” aims to put to bed in the rematch.
There has been significant bad blood between the two fighters heading into the rematch as both believe they did more than enough to win their first meeting. Now they will get a chance to back up the tough talk in the Octagon with the stakes higher.
Also on the card is a flyweight title rematch between champion Deiveson Figueiredo and Brandon Moreno. The two battled in a high-octane match that ended in a majority draw. Will Figueiredo prove he is still the best flyweight in the UFC, or will Moreno pull off the upset?
The PPV will also mark the return of Nate Diaz, who will face Leon Edwards in a five-round welterweight fight where the winner will move closer to a championship opportunity while the loser will fall to the back of the line.
Sporting News is tracking live fight updates and round-by-round highlights from Israel Adesanya vs. Marvin Vettori 2 and the entire card at UFC 263. Follow below for complete results.
MORE: Sign up to watch the UFC 263 PPV, exclusively on ESPN+
UFC 263 live updates, highlights from Israel Adesanya vs. Marvin Vettori 2
Sporting News’ live updates for UFC 263 will start at 9:30 p.m. ET.
UFC 263 start time
- Date: Saturday, June 12
- Time: 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT
- Main card (PPV): 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT
- Main event: 12:15 a.m. ET/9:15 p.m. PT
UFC 263: Israel Adesanya vs. Marvin Vettori takes place Saturday with the early prelims kicking the event off at 6 p.m. ET and the pay-per-view main card beginning at 10 p.m. ET. Adesanya and Vettori should enter the Octagon around 12:15 a.m. ET, depending on the length of the undercard bouts.
How to watch UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2
- TV channels/live stream: ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+
The main card for UFC 263 is available in the U.S. on the ESPN+ subscription streaming service for a pay-per-view cost. That portion of the event begins at 10 p.m.
Earlier fights, however, are viewable live on ESPN, the WatchESPN app and, for the early prelims, on UFC Fight Pass.
In Canada, the main card pay-per-view is available on Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink, and UFC PPV on UFC Fight Pass.
Click here to learn about the different pricing and bundling options with the ESPN+ platform.
UFC 263 fight card
- Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Marvin Vettori for Adesanya’s middleweight title
- Deiveson Figueiredo (c) vs. Brandon Moreno for Figueiredo’s flyweight title
- Leon Edwards vs. Nate Diaz; welterweights
- Demian Maia vs. Belal Muhammad; welterweights
- Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill; light heavyweights
- Drew Dober vs. Brad Riddell; lightweights
- Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart; light heavyweights
- Lauren Murphy vs. Joanne Calderwood; women’s flyweights
- Movsar Evloev vs. Hakeem Dawodu; featherweights
Fight Pass prelims
- Pannie Kianzad vs. Alexis Davis; women’s bantamweights
- Frank Camacho vs. Matt Frevola; lightweights
- Chase Hooper vs. Steven Peterson; featherweights
- Fares Ziam vs. Luigi Vendramini; lightweights
- Carlos Felipe vs. Jake Collier; heavyweights